TOYOTA SPORTSPLEX FIGURE SKATING PROGRAM
A LITTLE ABOUT US…
At the Toyota SportsPlex, we strive to provide a safe, fun environment for figure skaters of all ages and skill levels. From beginners to advanced skaters, our goal is to instill notions of hard work, teamwork, and above all – fun! We will work with you and your skater to identify short and long-term objectives, and try to guide them towards fulfilling those goals.
The Diamond City Figure Skating Club has been our partner club since 2009. As our relationship has grown and evolved, so has the number of figure skaters in Northeastern Pennsylvania. The friendship between Diamond City, the Toyota SportsPlex, and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (proud AHL affiliate of the back-to-back Stanley Cup-winning Pittsburgh Penguins) has made our home club the most successful skating organization in the history of Northeastern PA!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION FOR THE “DESTINATION PYEONGCHANG” FUNDRAISER!
FREESTYLE FIGURE SKATING
PRICING – Freestyle is $10 per hour for Diamond City club full and associate members as well as guests. 10 and 20 session punch cards are available for sale for $90 and $175, respectfully (PLEASE NOTE: unlimited punch cards will no longer be sold).
Check the Toyota SportsPlex interactive Google calendar on our home page for the complete and most up-to-date freestyle schedule, as our time slots vary from day to day. Please be aware that times are subject to change based on availability. We appreciate your business and ask that all parents and skaters alike be kind and courteous to each other while visiting our facility. If we receive a complaint about rude or inappropriate behavior on or off the ice, you will be asked to leave.
ICE ETIQUETTE GUIDELINES:
Diamond City Figure Skating Club Ice Usage and Toyota SportsPlex Freestyle Etiquette Safety Rules
1. Please respect the rights of other on and off the ice.
2. Please respect the facility’s property and the property of others.
3. It is important for everyone’s safety that all skaters are aware of other skaters.
4. Experienced skaters please be patient with less experienced skaters.
5. Inexperienced skaters please pay attention to the skaters around you and look ahead to see what others are doing or getting ready to do.
6. Skaters that are in lessons have the First right of way.
7. Skaters that are practicing programs have the second right away.
8. If someone does get in your way please do not take matters into your own hands.
9. Program music will be played on a rotational basis.
10. Coaches giving lessons may play their music ahead of the other skaters but please remember they are paying for ice time as well.
11. Music equipment must be handled with respect as this equipment is expensive to replace.
12. Videotaping of any skater other than your own is prohibited.
13. Once the ice resurfacer doors open, all skaters must leave the ice immediately – no exceptions.
14. No kicking, digging holes, scraping or stomping the ice with your blades and kicking the railings are allowed at anytime. Any skater caught doing this will be asked to leave the ice for that day. Repeat offences may be cause for expulsion from the club.
15. No verbal or physical abuse to anyone at anytime this offence is cause for expulsion from the club.
16. Deliberately challenging, scaring or intentionally blocking a skater is prohibited. Any skater caught doing this will be asked to leave the session. This offence is cause for possible expulsion from the club.
DIAMOND CITY FIGURE SKATING CLUB
NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA’S PREMIERE USFSA CLUB.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE “STEVIE CAPECE MEMORIAL OPEN” SKATING COMPETITION
We are a non-profit figure skating club based in Wilkes-Barre, PA whose purpose is to foster figure skating on ice.
Formed in 2009, our principal offices are located in the Toyota SportPlex, 38 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA. The club maintains membership in the U.S. Figure Skating Association and abides by its Bylaws and Official Rules.
The NEW AND IMPROVED Diamond City Figure Skating Club website is currently under construction. Stay tuned…