TOYOTA SPORTSPLEX FIGURE SKATING PROGRAM
A LITTLE ABOUT US…
At the Toyota SportsPlex, we strive to provide a safe, fun environment for figure skaters of all ages and skill levels. From beginners to advanced skaters, our goal is to instill notions of hard work, teamwork, and above all – fun! We will work with you and your skater to identify short and long-term objectives, and try to guide them towards fulfilling those goals.
The Diamond City Figure Skating Club has been our partner club since 2009. As our relationship has grown and evolved, so has the number of figure skaters in Northeastern Pennsylvania. The friendship between Diamond City Figure Skating, the Toyota SportsPlex, and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins) has made our home club the most successful skating organization in the history of Northeastern PA!
CLICK HERE to visit the Diamond City Figure Skating Club official website!
FREESTYLE FIGURE SKATING
PRICING – Freestyle is $15 per hour for Diamond City club full and associate members and $20 per hour for guest skaters. 10 session punch cards for $120 and 20 session punch cards for $220 are also available for sale upon requests.
Check the Toyota SportsPlex interactive Google calendar on our home page for the complete and most up-to-date freestyle schedule, as our time slots vary from day to day. Please be aware that times are subject to change based on availability. We appreciate your business and ask that all parents and skaters alike be kind and courteous to each other while visiting our facility. If we receive a complaint about rude or inappropriate behavior on or off the ice, you will be asked to leave.
The Toyota SportsPlex reserves the right to approve or deny coaching privileges for any guest coach and/or instructor seeking to utilize our facility for private lessons. Any coach not employed at the Toyota Sportsplex or affiliated with the Diamond City Figure Skating Club MUST contact the rink skating director in advance at 570-208-5671. Upon approval and prior to the guest coach’s first ice session, he/she MUST submit the following:
1. U.S. Figure Skating registration card (current)
2. Proof of Safesport compliance (current)
3. Proof of active liability insurance AND completion of CER courses
4. PSA membership (current)
5. $35.00 per day coaching fee
All guest skaters and coaches MUST agree to adhere to our Rules for Proper Etiquette (see below). The Guest Coach Protocols outlined above do not apply to coaches invited to the Toyota SportsPlex or by Diamond City Figure Skating for the purposes of conducting special skating camps, workshops, appearances, or other similar events.
ICE ETIQUETTE GUIDELINES FOR SKATERS AND COACHES:
Diamond City Figure Skating Club Ice Usage and Toyota SportsPlex Freestyle Etiquette Safety Rules:
1. Please respect the rights of other on and off the ice.
2. Please respect the facility’s property and the property of others.
3. It is important for everyone’s safety that all skaters are aware of other skaters.
4. Experienced skaters please be patient with less experienced skaters.
5. Inexperienced skaters please pay attention to the skaters around you and look ahead to see what others are doing or getting ready to do.
6. Skaters that are in lessons have the First right of way.
7. Skaters that are practicing programs have the second right away.
8. If someone does get in your way please do not take matters into your own hands.
9. Program music will be played on a rotational basis.
10. Coaches giving lessons may play their music ahead of the other skaters but please remember they are paying for ice time as well.
11. Music equipment must be handled with respect as this equipment is expensive to replace.
12. Videotaping of any skater other than your own is prohibited.
13. Once the ice resurfacer doors open, all skaters must leave the ice immediately – no exceptions.
14. No kicking, digging holes, scraping or stomping the ice with your blades and kicking the railings are allowed at anytime. Any skater caught doing this will be asked to leave the ice for that day. Repeat offences may be cause for expulsion from the club/rink.
15. No verbal or physical abuse to anyone at anytime – this offence is cause for expulsion from the club/rink.
16. Deliberately challenging, scaring or intentionally blocking a skater is prohibited. Any skater caught doing this will be asked to leave the session. This offence is cause for possible expulsion from the club and/or rink.
NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA’S PREMIERE USFSA CLUB.
We are a non-profit figure skating club based in Wilkes-Barre, PA whose purpose is to foster the growth figure skating for all ages and skill levels.
Formed in 2009, our principal offices are located in the Toyota SportPlex, 38 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA. The club maintains membership in the U.S. Figure Skating Association and abides by its Bylaws and Official Rules.